FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bad Customer Service Experience: Am I in the Wrong?
Old Feb 1, 2018, 8:31 pm
whimike

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by kb9522
Whether or not it was EK's fault is the only thing that matters here.
WRONG! Fault doesn't have to be in EK's court for them to be responsible for re-accomodation.

And do you know that not all pssengers made it? Or are you blindly speculating because you want the airline to be wrong as badly as OP does?
I, for certain, know that not all passengers made it. OP was a passenger and he didn't make it.

Those cases are not even remotely similar to this one.
The cases don't need to be similar. You made the blanket statement in regards to EK:

Something completely outside of their control happened. They are simply not responsible.
The cases I pointed out show that EK certainly is responsible in many cases where things are completely outside of their control. Why don't you point out in the COC where it shows EK only has a responsibility to delivery their customers to the tarmac, it is a reasonable expectation that the transportation from JFK to DXB ins't complete until the passenger is delivered to the terminal.

Ten people made the connection just fine, that OP found himself in a circumstance where he did not was entirely his own doing. And before you go ballastic, note that I said OP finding himself in the circumstance was his own doing - not the circumstance itself.
And if he got on the F bus and that was the bus that got stuck from the accident, but the J bus made it just fine, what then? EK would have told him that many others made the connection just fine and he is a no-show. Same difference.

Bottom line, OP made a series of poor choices. He should accept responsibility for his actions and move on having learned a corresponding series of good lessons.
Absolutely disagree. OP made a series of choices that randomly led to this outcome. None of them poor. Had he been seated in J the outcome would have been exactly the same without making any of the "poor" decisions you claim he made.

Last edited by whimike; Feb 1, 2018 at 8:38 pm