FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bad Customer Service Experience: Am I in the Wrong?
Old Feb 1, 2018, 7:35 pm
ASismyfav
Suspended

Originally Posted by Xlr
All they had to do was rebook OP on the next flight and call it a day. Instead, they had to argue and waste everyone's time.

I don't know if this the culture in the company, or if these rebooking agents have specific incentives (how would they be measured in situations like this?), or something else, but I've had to deal with this thing once and it was a terribly stressful experience when jetlagged.

I hope they didn't cancel your return flight lol.
Bingo!

This is exactly what it comes down to, and empowering front line employees to be able to make those decisions. I am not sure if it a cultural thing, or a corporate cultural thing. In any event it’s a terrible habit.

The fact also that the reservations agent who was going to rebook me can’t even make a call to one of their partners, and made me use my personal cellphone also says a lot about the company. How does an enormous airline at their own hub have no way for employees to contact their very own partners? It’s almost laughable.

It was a one way, and apparently since it’s AS issued, they can do whatever they want to the ticket. Having it issued, and purchased with Alaska was actually my saving grace.

Also knowing for next time that I should just call AS to begin with is a good lesson to be had. Because even though EK can obviously put me on their own metal it’s a game with them of absolute correctness, and as in this time there is no time to play blame game.

Last edited by ASismyfav; Feb 1, 2018 at 7:44 pm