FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Executive Platinum Check-In @ LAX
View Single Post
Old Feb 1, 2018, 10:45 am
skunker

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by Always Flyin
San Diego:

Two check-in queues:

1. ExPlat; Plat Pro; Plat; Gold; oneworld Emerald, Sapphire, Ruby, First, Business, and AA credit card holders.
2. Everyone else.

Who in the world is everyone else? Seems like just about everyone is "Premium" in that algorithm to me.

When everyone is Premium, no one is.

I suspect we can attribute this nonsense to Kirby. He did the same stupid thing at UA. I now see that UA has a separate 1K queue at SFO again.

We have to fly how much and spend how much to make ExecPlat and this is how we are treated? I wonder if AA knows or cares how much of my travel, almost all of which is international to Asia, is on other oneworld carriers these days? I doubt it. I didn't use to avoid AA. It is a result of their own conduct.

AA seems reliant on hub-locked passengers and corporate contracts. Those of us who have choices, I suspect, don't usually choose AA. I certainly don't.
To further expand on SAN: Everyone else is sent to the kiosks. If you haven't tried the kiosk they won't help. I always bypass the kiosks and go the the Premium line which has at maximum 1 other person in line and 2-3 AA people behind the desk typing away on their computers. The first question they always ask is "are you flying first class?" They never ask about elite status. If I'm checking in at the counter it's because I couldn't check in on my phone, so I need their help yet they always act like I'm bothering them. [/rant]

At least Marc is still in the lounge and he's awesome.