FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Ziva Cancun - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Feb 1, 2018, 7:55 am
thenumblehigwoo

Originally Posted by RedSun
Just want to hear your opinion. I booked two nights of stays at Ziva Cancun in late May. For a family of 5, I had to book two rooms. So it is 62,500 points total for each night. So I emptied all my 125,000 Hyatt points. The redemption value is about $0.016 to $0.018/pp. I tried to pay the cash ($110?) for a 10-year old. But was told that I can't mix points and cash.

Here I'm just not sure if the 12,500/person (or about $225/person) is too high at Cancun. There are various cheaper all-inclusive resorts. Then I would be spending cash $$ for those stays.
I'm trying to plan a trip in August and I'm only getting 1.7 cents per point. I usually like to get at least 2 cents because I would have to transfer points from UR to do this. However, I'm thinking about doing it because I have the points and I don't see myself flying international premium class anytime soon (6 month and 3 year old)! I also inquired about upgrading to a suite and according to the CSR I spoke to, the data points of 6,000 points to upgrade are only if you pay cash for the base room. If you want to use points, it's 40,000 points for a suite. Thought people might be interested in that.