FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - To go to gold now or wait
View Single Post
Old Feb 1, 2018, 3:54 am
:D!

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by groovyfly
Unlike other FFP's, there isn't a yearly status check, where A3 looks at how much you've flown.
There is once you become gold!

But I am confused because the OP said

Originally Posted by infinityx
I have until 22 April or I revert to silver

I had flights last year 5th feb earning me 8k tier miles
Firstly I am not even sure what infinityx's current status is. If they are currently Silver, I will guess that:

- 5 Feb 2017 - earned 8000 tier miles, but was still Blue - these miles are irrelevant
- 22 Apr 2017 - upgraded to Silver due to earning a further 4000 miles + two A3 flights OR 16K miles (Alternatively: was already Silver and renewed)
- between 23 April 2017 and now - earned either 23634 miles + four A3 flights OR 47634 miles

- 5 Feb 2018 - will upgrade to Gold with 366 miles and then 7634 miles go towards Gold renewal - status year now becomes approx 6 Feb to 5 Feb so need 4366 miles + two A3 flights OR 16366 miles by 5 Feb 2019

If infinityx is currently Gold then they simply need 12K miles + two A3 flights OR 24K miles between 23 April - 22 April every year to renew. Otherwise will drop to Silver on 22 April.

I'm struggling to understand why you would pay actual money to become Gold, and then start flying Delta You know you still earn award miles, and the entire reason to be Gold is that you get benefits beyond what you are nominally paying for, but only when flying Star Alliance....