FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New to Cruises... Need advice
View Single Post
Old Jan 31, 2018, 6:07 pm
GeezerCouple

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum; Amex Plat; Four Seasons; Fairmont; HH; etc.; "Retirees-In-Training"
Originally Posted by onlysuites
I have never been on a cruise. Ask me about flights and I will give you the low down on everything but know absolutely nothing about cruises. We are 3 couples and looking at a 7 day cruise around the Mediterranean. Two rooms will need to have space for a kids bed (is that possible on a cruise liner?)

- What is the best ship? We are looking at the luxury liners.
- I have a IATA card so is it worth contacting the companies direct for a TA discount?
- Any suggested itineraries?
- What is the best way to book as I have read that discounts can vary hugely.

Any advice would be appreciated.
www.CruiseCritic.com will become your friend

Make sure you don't miss some of the sub-forums, such as Ports of Call, the one for each cruise line of interest, and once you've chose, then the Roll Call for the actual cruise you are on.

Also look at some others, such as travel insurance (it can have special benefits for cruises) or air travel (yeah, not much beyond FlyerTalk, but there *are* some cruise specific issues), etc.

We are hooked on cruising, and much of our air travel is specifically to get to/from cruises, though we also often add some land time.

GC