FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA mileage earning on TP (TAP / Air Portugal) operated flights
Old Jan 31, 2018, 1:52 pm
arctann

Programs: AA Gold
United denying miles for my TAP Air Portugal flight

I flew from RAK-LIS on a TAP Air Portugal flight with with fare class M. A few weeks after the flight I used United's website to request mileage credit. The request was immediately denied with a message saying: "The ticket number you entered is for travel that is not eligible MileagePlus credit or Premier qualifying credit." I thought that was odd as United's website says they give 100% award miles earnings for fare class M on TAP Air Portugal.

I decided to call United and the rep told me to use their online system to file a problem request. I did that and provided a printout of my receipt (that shows fare class M) and a photo of my boarding pass. A couple days later I received this message from United: "This e-mail confirms receipt of your ticket receipt from Tap Portugal. I'd like to help credit your flight; however, it is shown on your document that the flight was operated by Portugalia, which is a not a partner in the MileagePlus program."

The thing is nowhere on any of my documents (receipt or boarding pass) does it show "Portugalia". It always says TAP Air Portugal and fare class M. Is there anyway I can confirm who actually operated my flight? Also, even if it was operated by Portugalia, does that mean I don't get any miles from United?

I know it's a matter of a small amount of miles, but I just want to know if United is being fair with me or not. Thanks in advance for any help.