FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - dual upgrade as RA not granted - price reduction to two categories lower refused
Old Jan 31, 2018, 2:04 am
boekel

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Spire RA
dual upgrade as RA not granted - price reduction to two categories lower refused

I think the title says it all. The hotel upgraded me by one category and said the higher category was sold out during the whole duration of my stay. When I argumented that according to the T&C they are obliged to provide a dual level upgrade they said they provided the best available category. When I said that I would expect a rate reduction so that a dual upgrade can be applied, they responded that they are not obliged to and won't do it.
The ambassador hotline was unfortunately useless as usual. Does somebody has an idea, which recourse I could take. That this hotel - (the IC in Chennai) is from now on on my no-go list is for sure, even excluding the various service problems I faced during that time.
But when even the promises of the T&C are not hold in a deteriorating program it might be time to move on. Thanks