FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - InterContinental Bangkok Master Thread [merged]
Old Jan 30, 2018, 9:52 pm
Boraxo
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by barracuda93
For a note, I have been provided complementary Club access in three SPG properties, being just Gold. I never demanded it though, of course; once it was offered from hotel side, in two other cases I have requested it nicely (asked for access limited to evening happy hour, for evaluation purposes having in mind to stay there again later on).
Have been SPG Gold for many years, never received Club access. As IC Ambassador in the '90s I used to receive Club access every stay but that has not been the case for many years. You want Club, you pay, unless you win the lottery at the front desk.

Originally Posted by Kalboz
The THB 3,200++ that I paid was for suite upgrade which included a Club IC access...I thought the Club IC was more than adequate and absolutely worth every penny as I rather have quality (and tranquility) over quantity
Value is in the eye of the beholder. As I noted above, the regular rooms are pretty sizeable. The IC Club certainly has a great spread, much better than many other properties (e.g. JW) and you can easily make a meal out of it for breakfast and dinner. But $75 goes a long way in Bangkok, and you can certainly get breakfast for a lot less in the restaurant (assuming it isn't included in your rate, which is often the case for me). If you need the extra space and/or plan to eat breakfast & dinner in the lounge (with multiple drinks) then yes I'd say it is worth it. If only one person and you are only having breakfast and a couple of glasses of wine at happy hour, probably not. YMMV!

P.S. Did not find it so "tranquill" though certainly less noisy than lobby bar and 1st floor restaurant.