FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Traveling to Canada on AS with a Nexus card but no passport
Old Jan 30, 2018, 12:37 pm
drewcwsj

Programs: AS 75K, UA Plt
Originally Posted by damieniz1
My confusion was AS policy...is the policy, okay to use Nexus when traveling to US and select Canadian airports (on the "list"), otherwise, need a passport? My issue is with the website (traveldocs), it is not correct to stay you can only use your nexus in lieu of passport at Nexus designated airports, that is not true. It seems the AS policy is based on an incorrect statement from a third-party website, no?
For air travel I only use Nexus when going through security with TSA or the Canadian equivalent. For all airline activities - online cfheckin, airport checkin and boarding I use passport. I tried Nexus a few times for boarding AS both in Canada and in the US flying to Canada and all I got was a blank look. I think you have to accept that Nexus is a pretty small program and expecting airline personnel to recognize it is a bit much.

Also when traveling in countries other than Canada and Mexico then I don't even try to use Nexus.