FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mumbai CSIA [BOM] connection/departure experience reports
Old Jan 30, 2018, 7:21 am
flyalways

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Ryan Piper
Hello guys, looking for a bit of advice here.
Only yesterday did I discover how hectic BOM sounds, my flights with Jet Airways have been booked since last October and now I’m worried I’m not going to make the connection. I’m travelling LHR to GOI via BOM and these are my arrival and departure times...

LHR - BOM: 0030 arrival
BOM - GOI: 0235 departure

I have heard this will be landing into the new terminal on the 14th Feb? But how likely is it that we will actually make the connection with a 2 hour window?

i have a couple of domestic flights, during my time here through BOM but I’m not overly worried about this. It’s just getting to GOI and then back to London that is a potential worry? I have a tight schedule already, and seems to have been made even tighter.

I also presume that that because I booked the whole thing with Jet Airways, they have to put me on the next available flight if we miss it?

Never had this worry with Turkish at Istanbul

any help and advice would be much appreciated.
I did LHR-BOM-GOI on Air India couple of weeks back with one checked bag. I was surprised to
find that the immigration and bag recovery was done in GOI. Not sure 9W does the same ? At BOM,
three domestic flights passengers (AMD, GOI and Cochin) were separated to transit directly to
domestic departures. After security straight to GOI boarding gate. At GOI all the passengers
from LHR were led to Immigration line.

Normally this would be a much better way to do things but that day just before our
BOM-GOI landed, there was a flight from Kuwait that had landed in GOI. This created
a One hour backup in GOI immigration. I think doing immigration in BOM would
have been faster because they have may be 25 counters as opposed to 4 in GOI :-(

Check with 9W if your immigration is happening in BOM or GOI....