FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Naka Island Resort, Phuket Thailand [Master Thread]
Old Jan 30, 2018, 6:13 am
smokie

Programs: Marriott LTP
Does any have any experience with Platinum Benefits being extended to a second room? Also - would they charge kids for breakfast...?

I reached out to the property about the benefits, and they seem insistent that the breakfast is continental for 2 only, that you only receive one free speedboat transfer (not unlimited). They also don't mention any sort of happy hour, or any food discount...

Given that the email information seems to be substantially at odds with people's recent experience, I am wondering what to reasonably expect...

I was going on the premise that Platinum treatment would be substantially better at this property, but their underwhelming response is making me consider the Meridien, JWM or Renaissance instead.

Any thoughts from those more familiar with these 4 properties than I? I have read all of the Starwood and Marriott threads, but it seems that the situation has changed somewhat in the last year (Marriotts no longer giving breakfast etc.). Priorities for our family trip are beach, activities and pool, plus reasonably affordable food options. Quality of room is less important, as we will tend to do excursions, and get out an about.

Any advice for me? I'd love to hear it...

Thanks