FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2018 Pointbreaks Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old Jan 30, 2018, 5:08 am
stets

Originally Posted by Concerto
My hope now is that, because this list is somewhat poor (not much in Europe), it can’t get any worse for the next couple of years or so. I think it will remain stable for a while, i.e. not get any worse but not necessarily get any better either.
That is the best "look on the bright side" post I've seen on this thread. I had been thinking (before the full list came out), that they'd make the first one a good list and then devaluate it over time. Your logic seems sound though -- they've torn off the band-aid, and I can't see them devaluing this promo further than this in the near future.

This thought at least makes me more confident that I'll be able to get decent value for my existing IHG point stockpile. I'm still abandoning all efforts to acquire any more IHG points, though.

Nothing lasts forever. I got a huge amount of value out of this over the years. I stayed 31 nights on PB in 2017 and 47 nights in 2016. I doubt I was ever a profitable customer for IHG, so I can't blame them at all. I'm certainly one of the scavengers they're getting rid of with this move. Moving on to the next gag.