FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Maldives REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jan 29, 2018, 10:22 am
shakim

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titainum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Delta Diamond
Originally Posted by slm9555
A quick update. I did get upgraded to a pool villa for my remaining 4 nights. I am in villa 21 which is very nice, decent amount of beach out front with a lot just around the corner and the villa and pool are completely private. However, in retrospect I would prefer a villa that is not so private but has ocean views. Coming from an over water villa I definitely miss looking at the ocean. A pool villa with good ocean views is probably the best value and compromise. There were a lot of ants in the villa and my host get housekeeping to spray and it’s a non issue now. The overwater villa had no ants and bugs outside. The land villas definitely have some bugs outside due to the environment.

I did the maldevian feast feast last night and my wife and I were the only ones signed up so it was essentially private beach dining for only $200. It was just the two of us plus our guide explaining all the food to us it was very cool.

We are scheduled for fishing tonight and it may only be the two the two of us again so it’s like getting private treatment without paying for it.

Our host natalia has been incredible. I originally inquired about a romantic bath setup but decided to pass for $95 plus tax and service is a lot for a bath. Natalia remembered it was our honeymoon and went above and beyond to surprise us with a romantic bath setup during our last night in the over water villa.
I did the spa relaxing romance package and it was amazing and truly worth the money for the 75 minute massage and amazing bath setup, including fresh fruit and a bottle of champagne. You have your own spa villa and it’s very romantic.

One thing I did not know is the maldevian feast, movie night, and I think fishing do not get the 10% advance booking discount. Not a huge deal but something I was not aware of and no need to book in advance.
Natalia was our host in July. Tell her the July guests with the baby say hi, please!