FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Medellin Master Thread [merged]
View Single Post
Old Jan 29, 2018, 6:26 am
Adam1222

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Unterwegs
Staying here currently and will post a review in the Royal Amb. thread after checking out.
I came with fairly low expectations, but the hotel is better than expected.
Staff is very friendly and helpful, especially the front desk people who double as concierge. But sometimes you could just choke them when you see how inefficient they are.
Breakfast quality and selection is below average for an IC,
The Club has some food after 2 pm and an extensive menu you can order from (more or less the list of the appetizers from the restaurant). They call room service and around 25 min later your dishes show up. You could easily replace dinner.
Taxis are cheap, the hotel taxi charges 10.000 (a bit over 3 USD) to the restaurants, shopping malls etc, a regular taxi on the way back is between 7.000 and 10.000 - not really overpriced.
They have a security guard at the driveway, but usually just waves you thru.

And btw: Medellin is pretty nice and feels as safe as any other big city. After reading all the warnings about the city I was expecting something completely different.
Well just have to agree to disagree on taxi prices. Every time I took a hotel taxi it was 2x what the return in a metered taxi was coming back. Sounds like you were not going meaningful distances.
And maybe the inquisition I got from the security guard who didn't believe me when I said I had a reservation at the hotel was just me.