FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada Discount/Promo Code Discussion Thread (2017 onwards)
Old Jan 28, 2018, 9:32 pm
alc

Originally Posted by Argonaut1000
Have others had issues in trying to use the discount codes with stopovers?

Trying to book - YYC-YVR-HKG (connecting) and returning HKG-YVR stop, YVR-YYZ and get a message;

Your itinerary contains more than one stopover (i.e. a break of more than 24 hours en route to your destination).
To be eligible for a Promotion Code discount, your multi-city itinerary must include a maximum of one stopover. Please select another itinerary.

My booking has only one stopover on the return.

Another attempt is YVR-HKG and returning HKG-YVR stop, YVR-YYZ and get this message:

You entered the same point of origin or the same destination more than once.
To be eligible for a Promotion Code discount, your multi-city itinerary must not contain the same point of origin or the same destination more than once. Please select another itinerary.

Of course both work it I remove the YVR stopover from the search (options returned however will include routing through YVR)

Shouldn't both of these routings be valid as they only include one stopover?

And if I can't book online can these be booked through an agent?
​​​​​​i think that because both do not start and end at the same city, not because of stopover. I think if you try YYZ-YVR (stop) YVR-HKG (stop) HKG-YYZ (with or without connecting at YVR) will be fine.