FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Hilton Honors Reserve Card [Ends Dec 2017]
Old Jan 28, 2018, 8:40 am
farnorthtrader

Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
Point taken. I've seen this; and I've also seen that this was supposed to have been happening already, and/or that certs would come right away, or immediately, or some such. And maybe they will after the transition. But I'm eight weeks past date on last Citi spend, and can't cancel because no cert has yet arrived. Also, it's the HIlton Lurker promising for Amex, and what they are promising would cost Amex one AF and customers if (in this example) OP could cancel before Dec 2018 anniversary date. Hope you are right.
Agreed and I am not counting on this happening but this was the last information provided. For the Reserve cards where spend was already made in 2017, the last information shared was that the cert should be out by the end of February. That would be nice as we are waiting on four of them for our trip at the end of March, but we aren't counting on them arriving.
I have inferred, perhaps incorrectly, that any free nights issued (and any other issues) will be exclusively the domain of American Express from this point forward, so Citi reps might not necessarily have the correct information. In fact, this seems like it matches with your experience with the Citi rep, who is no longer able to do anything with the cards.

Last edited by farnorthtrader; Jan 28, 2018 at 8:55 am