FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta 360 - Consolidated Thread
View Single Post
Old Jan 27, 2018, 5:31 pm
RumPatrol

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by ethernal
Were those earned MQM in that year? If so, his $ per mile is way too low. Raw spend is king but $/mile is critical as well. $60K is definitely on the low end of the spectrum (although it depends on the city - 60K in Atlanta won't even be close whereas 60K in an outstation or place with lot of competition may be enough).
Yes that is earned MQM for 2017. Both MQM and MQD were slightly more in 2017 than 2016. The last reevaluation call said spend needed to be $100K+ now, though I don't know if that is $100K for his mileage or just in general. Most flights are in/out of SLC but it is worldwide travel, all personal spend. I'm not really surprised knowing what DL has done to the MQD waivers for Diamonds, but still, that is a lot of miles and last minute out of pocket full fare tickets to then be dropped from a program you were already in.

I know DL is trying to make the top tiers more exclusive and I respect it, but seems odd to just drop someone who flew more the following year. Though realistically, Delta 360 doesn't mean much more than Diamond does except for the gift. The Tiffany glasses and bottle of scotch was lovely.