FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Maldives REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jan 26, 2018, 11:22 pm
slm9555

I am currently at the resort. Paid for 3 night upgrade to an overwater. Was hoping for a globalist upgrade to an overwater sunset but none available for all 3 nights. They put me in villa 44, which is the last of the regular over water villas and it is very good. There is very good coral around this villa with a lot of fish. After some prodding they said they could upgrade me for 1 night to a sunset villa but I didn’t think it would be worth the hassle.

Tomorrow I am supposed to move to a regular villa for the next 4 nights and have put in my request for an upgrade to a pool villa. They will not confirm until around 7-8pm tonight. The resort is very full about 90-98% so I am not overly optimistic but I remain hopeful since the pool villa is still available on Hyatt to book.

Also, my villa 44 has a new ac upgrade and it stays very nice all day and night, the heat is not an issue. Not all the over water have the new ac yet but they are working on it and also doing some deck repairs. Sometimes you can hear a bit of construction which is disappointing. Overall not a major concern though.

The globalist sundowner is a more limited drink drink selection than what I have seen online in the past. Also for breakfast they do not have the stacks anymore it’s the buffet and 2 items off the menu, which is still a ton of food.