FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Who's Nostalgic? 1997 Timetable Highlights
Old Jan 26, 2018, 5:13 pm
KeaneJohn

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Surprised people haven’t commented on rows 26/27 on the 747 non viewing seats and the comments that smoking where permitted would be at the back of all cabins.

I had had an upstairs WT seat with no seat in front of me on the 2pm to JFK one day. I checked in relatively early as I used to love walking along the Dunlop bouncy travelators in terminal 4 and watching Concorde depart.

On boarding I was told that my seat had been changed as a group checking in from Paris had been allocated the upper deck. I was offered a seat in the 50s downstairs in the smoking section. It was an aisle seat. I said I didn’t want to sit there and they said there was no other seat so I asked for my luggage back. A phone call revealed that mine was in one of the first cans loaded and would take ages to unload the aircraft and would potentially mean crew going out of hours. I reaffirmed I wouldn’t sit in the smoking section and seat found in Club World within a few mins and we boarded and pushed back on time.

I remember getting a semi dressing down from the cabin crew when I asked them when the US arrivals video would be shown on how to fill in your I94 and customs forms. Wad told that people in Club World didn’t usually need to be shown how to fill in the forms so it wasn’t shown in that cabin.. that was me told

Last edited by KeaneJohn; Jan 26, 2018 at 5:19 pm