FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in New Orleans [Merged threads]
Old Jan 26, 2018, 4:43 pm
Eujeanie

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by Xeno
In the latter part of February, I must attend two days of conference (8:30 - 5 pm) held in the Crown Plaza near the airport.

I get a great rate at the Fairfield, but usually prefer a full-service Marriott. The closest one, New Orleans Marriott Metairie at Lakeway, is double the rate of the Fairfield and does not have an airport shuttle. I do not know about this lounge versus food options near the Fairfield.

I recently had foot surgery but think the 15 minute walk Fairfield to Crown Plaza is doable. Is there any compelling reason to go with the Marriott that would require Uber/Lyft to move around?
Have you read any of the reviews of the FFI MSY on other sites, like TripAdvisor? Some of them are pretty not great. We are staying there for one night (in May) because we're arriving in the evening on a Saturday night and FQ etc. hotels are through the roof, plus we have a Chase cat. 1-5 certificate to use so it will be free.

However, I know the faults going in and for one night I can deal with them. I've been thrown out of worse places.

Do you have to stay at a Marriott property at all for just these 2 nights? Are there any airport hotels closer to the Crowne Plaza that are better?