FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Club Europe - AWFUL
View Single Post
Old Jan 26, 2018, 4:11 pm
Phil the Flyer

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by dougzz
Maybe if we all but Pro-BA or Anti-BA in our profiles we can save the Internet from death by a thousand tedious threads.
I only speak for myself, but I am neither ‘Pro-BA’ nor ‘Anti-BA’ (nor, for that matter, am I a fence-sitter).

What I am is someone who will never let BA take my business for granted, someone who doesn’t slavishly fly BA to the exclusion of all other airlines out of a misplaced sense of loyalty, someone who recognises that there are often better options available, and is not afraid to try them.

Just like a democratically-elected government BA should be constantly held to account for their performance. When they do something well they should be praised for it; when they drop the ball they should be taken to task for it.

There will always those on this forum who, come what may, will invariably support or criticise BA - just like there are UK parliamentary constituencies that will always remain Conservative or Labour. Just as the marginal constituencies (or swing states) are the most interesting, so are the opinions of those here who, from experience, you know are capable of expressing a non-partisan view.