FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Bangkok REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jan 25, 2018, 2:08 pm
escape4

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
From the GH thread:
Originally Posted by Kalboz
In my calculations, the P+C rate for PHB is coming to $310 all in which is much better than the $350++ published rate. Globalist gets breakfast for all registered guests plus a social evening (happy hour) at their bar - so there is value there for the Globalist. I have stayed multiple times at all properties you mention above. Nice and great service sure but luxury? Not. This property is on a different level than your GHE or the SGS but maybe on the same par as the St. Regis, the Peninsula, or even the Mandrin Oriental. Just my thoughts - whaddya think?
Well P+C at PH is possibly better than cash indeed. But I would question whether $310 / $350 is good value for what you get. The St.Regis is almost always cheaper than PH and not by a small margin, so if PH=StR then PH is a bad deal at their current price level.

You mentioned in the GH thread that you have been to the Athenee. Did you go post rebranding to Luxury Collection, or only while it was Le Royal Meridien? The Athenee has a fantastic Club Lounge so PH cannot compete with its happy hour canapes, not to mention afternoon tea and 4 hours of drinks at Athenee. I found breakfast to be significantly better at Athenee as well. Service can vary based on personal experiences but I got better treatment at Athenee than PH. Not to mention that I can frequently pay half the price at Athenee with BRG than PH. Heck even if the price was the same, I would choose Athenee. One area where PH might be better is that it's easier to get a suite upgrade at PH than Athenee. It is nice that PH is attached to the mall whereas from Athenee you have to walk outside, but it's not very far so I am not sure I put much of a premium on PH in that respect.

I can see why one could put PH ahead of SGS, but they are not in the same price range. I have not been to the Pen or MO but based on what I read, it sounds like most folks would have them a notch or two above PH.