FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rome Venice & Florence trip planning for March 2018
Old Jan 25, 2018, 7:02 am
zqsn5678

Smile Rome Venice & Florence trip planning for March 2018

Hi all,

My parents and myself (3 adults) are travelling to Italy this March for 11 days. It will be our first time in Italy (might be the only time for parents). We are interesed in Italian food and wine, as well as relaxed scenes, not so much on historical museums. Below is our itinerary and feel free to provide suggestions/feedback.

Day 1 Arrive at FCO at 17:15, check in to a hotel near Termini Station for 3 nights
Day 2 Rome Sunday food Tour 10:30-14:30 and concludes 10 minutes away to Colosseum. Visit Colosseum for the rest of day (closes at 17:00) Perhaps use Hop on& Hop off bus for day 2 and 3?
Day 3 St Peter's Basillica in Vatican in the morning, Piazza di Trevi and Spainish steps for the rest of the day
Day 4 Visit one of the markets (either Campo de Fiori or Nuovo Mercato Esquilino). Check into Rome Cavalier and dinner at La Pergola to celebrate parents 60th tonight.
Day 5 Train to Venice 12:50-16:35 and check in to Hilton Molino Stucky for 3 nights.
Day 6 Cicchetti and Wine Tour of Venice 11:30 - 14:00, follow by Free Venice Walking Tour 15:00-17:30. DFS T Fondaco Dei Tedeschi for sunset at the rooftop
Day 7 Rialto Market for lunch, St Mark's Square and Doge's Place. Grand Canal / Gondola in the early evening.
Day 8 Train to Florence 14:30 - 15:30 and check in to a B&B near Firenze Santa Maria Novella
Day 9 The Mall Outlet, and visit Merrato Central in the late afternoon for dinner(open in the evening?)
Day 10 Tuscan Farmhouse cooking class (with market visit) 9:00-16:00. Plazzale Michelangelo for sunset
Day 11 Leave Florence at 14:08 to FCO for 19:15 departure

I have spent about a week to outline the bigger parts of our trip. Mum only mentioned she would like to visit Italy for her 60th a couple weeks ago. Any spots/parks for picnic?

All suggestions/feedback welcome. We are also looking for pleaces to eat (which I need to start researching), as well as your favourite/ most memorable places from your previous visits.