FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Starwood Property Response to TripAdvisor Review
Old Jan 25, 2018, 3:46 am
paolo64

Originally Posted by forumpersona999
It is up to the property to opt into this service. It is no coincidence that one of the things some of my favorite properties do is to have the HM or GM or at least their assistant go into these reviews and personally address them. The hotels who pay to outsource some copy/paste "response" are usually properties that will not do well overall.
Quite recently I completed a post-stay survey(notSPG) in which I made some observations/criticism about a couple of aspects of the experience ( in a 99% positive commentary). I was surprised to get an email from the GM (presumably prepared by someone in his office) thanking me for the positives but noting my dislike of June Jacobs products and an assurance that my file had been amended to make sure that a different brand of toiletries would be in my room for future stays ( and that an offensive flashing blue light iphone dock would be unplugged).
I thought this very impressive and professional cf the silly...really worse than nothing....canned responses on review sites, including SPG app ( " We're sorry we failed to meet your expectations, please reach out to us in advance should you give us another chance", blah, blah)