FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2018 edition
Old Jan 25, 2018, 2:17 am
Globaliser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by HarryKUK
I am looking at some flights between BKK and SDF in Y which are pricing up near enough the same whether I book via AA or JL on either codes and either ticket stock. I would be using my BAEC Gold status on the PNR.

Since both offer Gold Avios bonuses, am I correct in thinking it doesn’t matter which one I book in terms of Avios collection? Is there any factor which would mean I should try to book on JL rather than AA, or vice versa?
This page is your friend: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...r/public/en_gb

It looks like the only significant difference in numbers may be on a US domestic sector, and that could be something to do with minimum earn rates. However, you do need to check the booking class for each itinerary. Just saying "in Y" won't help you if the respective fares book into a non-earning class on one airline when it would book into an earning class on the other; or if the booking classes fall into different earn rates ("Economy lowest", "Economy low" or "Economy flexible") on the two different airlines. Price alone will not determine that.