FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dl 101, atl-eze
Thread: Dl 101, atl-eze
View Single Post
Old Jan 24, 2018, 7:29 pm
davetravels
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I've done the Buquebus hydrofoil trip to Colonia, as a day trip and without the buffet on board. I've also been to the Falls, in fact on both sides of the border.

If you like dead cow and wine (primarily Malbec), come to COW DO!
The Buquebus Francisco catamaran is relatively new; 2013. It's very different from the ships that go to Colonia. Here's an article about it:

Meet Francisco: The fastest ferry on the planet with jet engines that propel over 1000 passengers and 150 cars at 67 MPH Daily Mail Online

The article is titled:

"The Concorde of the seas: The fastest ferry on the planet with jet engines that propel over 1000 passengers and 150 cars at 67 MPH"

It just looks like a very cool thing to do. I might take the ferry over, and Aerolineas Argentinas back the same evening, just to get back to Buenos Aires a little early. I'm not too sure how much there is to do in MVD, but, I'm sure I can keep busy shopping and eating, etc, for 7 or 8 hours.

That said, I have heard something about a COW DO, but, I don't remember much else about it. If it's in BUE, I doubt I'll be able to go again. My trip is there from Mar 23-30. I do know that their beef is supposed to be special, somehow, and I've heard about Malbec.