FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United 77x Future/Changed Routes w/ Polaris Seats
Old Jan 24, 2018, 2:53 pm
JDS747

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Preferred, Hertz PC, Hyatt Discoverist , Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by mangoMan
When I logged in to check the reservation and to reassign seats, it notified me that a schedule change had occurred and I either had to accept or not accept the reservation. Looking at the departure/arrival times, they had changed by only about 10 min. so I didn't see any point in not accepting, so I hit the 'accept' button and went on to change my seats. I did not know there was an earlier FRA-SFO flight at the time. We currently have a 6.5 hr layover in FRA, so the earlier flight would be desirable. Is it worth pursuing this by calling UA, given that:

1) We have no status with UA
2) It is an award flight, booked under the old 57.5K saver rate
3) There doesn't appear to be award availability on the earlier flight
4) I already clicked the 'accept' button

I don't see any point in calling, but maybe the UA experts can advise differently?

Thanks all!
You might as well call in and ask if you think it's worth your time. The least they can say is no and then are you back where you started anyway. These types of situations really depend on the agent you get and how they understand/interpret the CoC. With that being said, another angle is whether or not the agent interprets the CoC as allowing you to make a change could be irrelevant if they are sympathetic to your story of wanting to try the new Polaris seats out. If it were me I would make the call and if I didn't get the answer I liked on the first one I would likely try it again. You never know until you try.