FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UR to United transfer is not reliably instant.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 12:07 pm
rogerntan

I just went through this song and dance. On Sunday I tried to transfer over 100k+ points; the Chase UR page took some time to submit. I finally "succeeded" and I got the email, but the points never landed in my MileagePlus account. My wife's transfer shortly thereafter went through fine. A day later, I transferred 1000 points to see if that would "kick" my pending request; the Chase UR page finished it pretty quickly, leading me to believe that my original request timed out along the way.

After a few days of waiting and calls, the Chase agent informed me that my Chase UR account had the old value of points back. I guess the transaction was canceled. *shrug*

I retried the transfer. The page submitted it quickly. Refreshing the webpage and/or logging out/logging in wasn't showing the updated total. It was only when I used an incognito window did the homepage show the new mileage total!

So I guess there were two issues at play here:
1. My original transfer request timed out and was canceled/rolled back
2. United must be caching the mileage total in the cookie. So signing out/re-signing in is not sufficient...you should try fresh incognito sessions.