FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 master thread
View Single Post
Old Jan 24, 2018, 4:08 am
webstereo

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by rossmacd
The OTP-PHX J (business) fare has been fairly consistent, however, has reduced by approximately £100 GBP in the last few weeks, which makes it more attractive.

The OTP-PHX A (first) fare is either recently been made available or recently discovered, and I am not so convinced that it would be a 'long-term' offering, therefore I would be booking sooner rather than later should you wish to use it.

There is usually something available for those doing TP runs (I will give clarity here - usually something that is ~£2.50/TP - whether this is your personal value is for you to decide) so keep your eyes peeled in this thread and the similarly excellent Premium Fares Thread/Forum for inspiration.

That being said, as we frequently learn, that past occurrence of a fare does not guarantee future availability! There are never guarantees in this hobby
That's interesting to note. And I particularly like the idea of thinking of this as a hobby especially as I'm really intrigued by the idea of a big TP Run like this. I don't actually need it to get to gold as I will get there anyway with other plans. (thanks to the very useful explanation on this thread about using the ITA Matrix - I really appreciate the effort many of you put into sharing information)
Given my year end early August I'd be right in thinking that a journey like this might be useful next year to retain Gold right?