FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 master thread
View Single Post
Old Jan 24, 2018, 2:24 am
flyuk

Programs: Junior Jet Club, Nando's Card 1 Red Chilli, Tesco Clubcard, BAEC Gold, TK M&S Elite
Originally Posted by squawk

Welcome to the forum flyuk - I’m assuming you’re new here (apologies, on my phone and it’s hard to check!).

This is a fair comment: although many of us on here are well versed in the acronyms and procedures of airlines and BA specifically, everyone has to start somewhere. While for some that involves years of regular flying, for others it means spending time on here - and given the depth of information available here, often buried across many long threads, it can certainly be overwhelming at first for newcomers. I certainly felt that way.

What I would say is that although it is sometimes hard to ascertain tone online, madfish, rossmacd (and indeed most of the regular contributors on BAEC FT) are friendly and helpful - just don’t mention a certain missed flight in TLL More seriously, check out the various stickied threads at the top of the forum, especially the Dashboard, which links to many different threads with useful information.
It's all good. It's hard to convey banter (I hate that word) on forums. Everyone has been really helpful so far. I'm hoping I can contribute too, once I find get a good grip of the ropes.