FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA "Sticker" / 500-mile & EXP "UDU" Complimentary Upgrade Policy / FAQ
Old Jan 23, 2018, 10:29 pm
samm

Programs: AA EP
Originally Posted by nismo240ssx
Not sure exactly where to post this, please move if needed.

I used SDC today on ord/clt Since I came early given the weather. Club could not confirm so I walk to the gate. Easily clear into 11A ( 1 of 2 on list and cabin is y7) gate agent and a premium services agent waiting in a CK both claimed I couldn't be put on the FC upgrade list since it's The Same list and you can't double upgrade. Also said you have to be confirmed to get on the upgrade list which I understand but having a boarding pass W/ a seat should mean confirmed, correct?

didn't really fight it just boarded but now I am curious as to the policy. And btw I was upgraded on the 6pm flight (my original) in to R class.
I've had same frustration, they always tell me I would be on the end of the UG list regardless of where I would rank usually due to status. Each time I have been in this circumstance the list is long, but it seems like there was space anyways for you. As soon as you're confirmed onto the flight you should be able to be added to the other list, (and when I have asked for them to do this for me, it would still be at the end of the UG list though).