FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Voluntary Denied Boarding - VDB/Bump Experiences on UA [2018]
Old Jan 23, 2018, 9:54 pm
jjmoore

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Flew DEN-MSP yesterday... UA573. Diverted to Chicago and cancelled due to MSP being closed. I tried to clear an override booking (with GS override), and the phone agent told me that the flight to FAR that I wanted to get into was already oversold by 4, and they even restricted GS from being able to override onto it. I don't know what the offer was for that one, but was told by an agent at ORD that every single person was checked into that flight... that would have been a very nice offer. I wish someone on that flight would post about the offers... the flight went out with nobody clearing on standby (there were like 15+ on the list)..... I should be glad they didn't put me on it because I wouldn't have been able to take up an offer because I needed to be here in MSP this morning.

Anyway, I did manage to get onto one of the two flights that went out around 9pm yesterday.... MSP looked like a snow bomb had gone off... that place was a mess... looks like 12-18" fell in about 8 hoursat the airport.