FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Zilara / Ziva Rose Hall (Jamaica) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jan 23, 2018, 6:42 pm
Lancer99

Programs: AS 75K, Delta Plat, AA 1MM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by NE flier
It’s disappointing to hear about the decline and in standards at the Rose Hall property! My wife a I are scheduled for our fourth visit to the Zilara later this week, and are looking for any advice on how to make the best of it.

In the past, it was possible to get top shelf liquor at the lobby bars of both hotels. Is that no longer the case? Any advice on where the best liquor can be found? What can I expect on that fronts? Single malt? Aged rum? Cognac?

in terms of dining, The decline of the jerk shack is most disappointing because it was our go to lunch spot. What do people think is the best lunch option? Is there any opportunity to get fresh seafood or non-frozen options?

for dinner, how is the quality of the French and Italian options? Are there any spots that have survived better than others?

in short, I’d be grateful for any advice on how we can make the best of our trip and enjoy a few kid free days.

We will report back on our experience.

was there in December. Free shuttle was still there. The French and Italian are the best bets. I'm Globalist and never heard of any lounge. For booze you're best bet is the lobby bar in the Ziva for most top shelf. Not great. Jack daniels. Bombay. Etc. but that even randomly rotated some days. The "sports bar" at the Zilara wasn't bad. At least good bartenders. Booze by pool was disappointing. Best of luck