FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SPG Best Rate Guarantee (BRG) 2018: Success, failure & discussion thread
Old Jan 23, 2018, 2:10 pm
Croupier

Denied by India

Associate, Best Rate Guarantee
Dear Mr. XXXXXXXX,
Thank you for your interest in the Starwood's Hotels & Resorts Best Rate Guarantee program. I am grateful for your support of our SPG program. I welcome the opportunity to assist you.
Please be advised that while processing your claim, my findings indicate that the rates and availability changed between the time you submitted your Best Rate Guarantee claim and our investigation process. When processing your claim for Aloft Bangkok Sukhumvit 11 for the dates on your claim, I was unable to locate availability on our website or the competing website. As there is no availability on either website, I am not able to approve your claim.
​​​​​​​
I replied quite bluntly as I’m sick of these ridiculous denials:
”What kind of scam are you trying to pull?
There is availability on both SPG and Amoma.

I will call and speak to a supervisor as you clearly are cheating the system.“

I called and spoke ton <name removed> in the US or Canada, the poor woman was losing her voice She took 3 minutes to look at the claim and confirm my successful BRG claim, she said she also saw my email reply and was apologetic for the error made.

I wish these BRG claims weren’t such a hassle.

​​​​​​​Success.
Aloft Bangkok
7th Feb, 1 Night
Rate: 4382 THB
Confirmed rate: 3567 THB
Double room
2000 bonus starpoints.
​​​​​​​
​​​​

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Jan 23, 2018 at 2:58 pm Reason: Remove employee name, as per FT rules