FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Beware of Dubai and Doha SIXT
View Single Post
Old Jan 23, 2018, 11:02 am
HHQX888

Next experience with Sixt Dubai, standard I switch to Hertz in UAE but this time I was with my father and we want drive little more around country and I want use Mercedes SLC. It was possible only by Sixt, booked pickup at DWC airport and return in Abu Dhabi.
I lost 20min on DWC arrival looking for staff from Sixt ( they still don't have any desk at this airport ) don't use any signboard with your name or SIXT brand name. I found him because he keep in hand credit card reader ....
Returning in Abu Dhabi disaster again, any desk at this airport they told you that you contact 30min before returning car with their staff and he will came to airport but I had 45min driving to airport and don't want using my mobile phone in car (international calls) try to make fixed time on airport but answer was no, you maust contact with our staff on his mobile .... finally I ask this staff if it is possible to pickup our car from our hotel, he told OK. I had rental till 10pm, he came to hotel around 11pm and now I see on my credit card statement extra charge for one extra rental day ?!

On returning way from Abu Dhabi we booked car (cheapest what thay have in offer) with delivery to our hotel booking time was at 4pm, SIxt came to hotel 1h later and first question was 'Did I have any problem if it will be BIGGER car than we ordered. My reply was if you don't bring here truck it is not problem for me. We go outside and I saw that he bring Jeep Wrangler ....' For me no problem, but for different driver my be it will be problem and than what : next exchange to smaller car and loosing next hours ?