FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IAD-LIM flights after February disappeared
Old Jan 23, 2018, 12:55 am
dkc192

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
I am pleased to report that after a few days of back and forth, all four of my family's J class award tickets (three issued by CX, one by AA) have been rebooked onto JFK-LIM in J. Initially, I (on an AA ticket) was rebooked IAD-MIA-LIM in J. My parents (on CX tickets) were rebooked on a different IAD-MIA-LIM in Y, while my sister (on a separate CX ticket) was not rebooked at all.

To clean this all up, my first step was to call LA to see if they would proactively note the PNRs, with the reasoning that the notes might help my case when working with CX. I used the fact that my parents were downgraded as "leverage" to get LA to note their PNR. I asked the agent to write a note along the lines of, "passengers originally booked in J, please reaccommodate in J and on JFK-LIM nonstop." Once that was done, I asked the agent to note the other two PNRs as well. I'm unsure if I lucked out with a friendly, helpful LA agent who was willing to note all three PNRs as requested, or if asking LA agents to note PNRs in the aftermath of schedule changes on partner-issued tickets is a common practice.

With both CX PNRs noted, I called CX and immediately escalated to a supervisor, who, after some back and forth, was able to see the notes in the PNR. I repeated my preferred flight to the supervisor, he said he would "work with [LA] to look into protection options," and asked for my callback number. Less than 24 hours later, the desired JFK-LIM flight showed up in both PNRs online, and the same supervisor called me back a few hours later to complete the reissue.

I finally called AA to deal with my PNR, and asked the agent to request the same flight through their liaison, pointing out the notes in the PNR and the fact that the rest of my family had been rebooked onto that flight. This one took a bit longer than CX (to my surprise), but everything has all been reissued and cleaned up now.

Last edited by dkc192; Jan 23, 2018 at 1:02 am