FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Forum Lounge Thread (2018)
View Single Post
Old Jan 22, 2018, 9:22 pm
SKYEG

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
I've never gotten a MTM suit in BKK but my friend loves to. His younger brother is getting married in June and they want to buy custom suits for their whole wedding party(5 including groom).

They want to fly me out ICN-BKK(I can work remotely) sometime in Feb for a June 6th wedding to go to a tailor, buy them, make sure I do QC and then ship them out. Seems like a pretty good deal as I get some sun and a free mileage run.

I had some questions:

1. Since it's a wedding and all suits(except groom) will be the same, using 1 tailor would be the best? How much time would this take though, five suits one tailor? Not sure I want to stay in BKK for 2 weeks...
2. How much does shipping generally cost per suit?
3. $300-$500 budget will get you better than a custom Indochino MTM in Canada? Or is that price range going to get you even worse than a $1000 Hugo Boss at Harry Rosen/Holt Renfrew off the rack(Not very good IMO).
4. Is it even safe for me to fly there, pick fabrics and measurements and just fly out and get them to ship? I feel like doing QC is important as it needs to be shipped to Canada.

Thanks for the help!