FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ex-DUB question
Thread: ex-DUB question
View Single Post
Old Jan 22, 2018, 10:57 am
MPH1980

Originally Posted by Cymro
I very much doubt that, if you did manage to make the transfer quickly enough, you'd have enough time to be put on the same flight as well! A B2B in DUB is tight - took me 20 minutes of a 40-minute turnaround last time, though I wasn't the last to board. You won't be ticketing as well.
When I last asked - I was ahead of boarding by a good 10 minutes - and that was with the new 'via transfers' route you have to do - AND with me missing the door to the gates and thus walking all the way down, past the gate on the lower floor, and back up the escalators.

It is possible - and frankly - it was ridiculous she wouldn't do it - but I also knew the fight was lost on the third changing excuse.

Maybe attitudes will change when Menzies take over the handling.
Maybe - but honestly - I think when you have a 3rd party company there they are going to be more interested in following the rules. If BA say "all ticket adjustments need to take place at check in" then that's what they'll do - because if they break the rules and get caught - then the company could get fined/lose the contract/whatever is stipulated. Now - if BA said "do what's good for the customer ..." that might be different ... but do we *really* think that's what BA's operating procedures are going to say?