FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Celebs on BA | 2018 edition
View Single Post
Old Jan 22, 2018, 4:50 am
Hydebear

Programs: BAEC
A bit late reporting but I had the absolute pleasure to bump into a guy at MAN waiting for a flight to LHR.

I vaguely recognised him - couldn't place him but we bonded over the eternal question "Is that chicken or tuna in those sandwiches?" and he asked if he could sit with me for a while as the flight was delayed.

After a bit, I summoned up courage to do the " I know you from somewhere but can't place you " statement, as always encouraged by my mother. He responded "Oh I'm just an actor - you may have seen me recently on The OA or before that on The Walking Dead." Now I have seen The OA - hated it and tried to erase it from memory - but never seen Walking Dead so was none the wiser, and decided to just ask generic career / holiday / politics stuff instead. We passed a happy couple of hours chatting before the flight was called.

So I later showed his picture to some friends who have seen Walking Dead, who exclaimed "That's Hershel!" Apparently he's really called Scott Wilson and been in loads of TV shows and films - all the way back to "In The Heat of the Night" in 1967.

I'm still not that much wiser but, to be honest, he was the most delightful company for a few hours. And the sandwiches were chicken....