FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2018 master thread
Old Jan 22, 2018, 2:21 am
fransknorge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
- Name of the hotel:
Mercure Nice Grimaldi

- What is your Le Club status?
Gold

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
It was OK, not memorable in any ways but not terrible either.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked standard, upgraded to Privilege.

- How are the rooms?
Small, no chair, no desk, power plugs in awkward locations. Absolutely terrible for business travel, for leisure this is fine as if you do want a room just to sleep. As a privilege room there was a Nespresso machine and free mini bar. It also has a iPad/iPhone/Bluetooth speaker but the sound was terrible and poor quality, so useless.

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:
- The location is good, 5 minutes out of the Promenade, 2 minutes from several walking area with plenty of restaurants, easy access to the airport (Bus 98 has a stop 5 minutes away). The hotel is in a small quiet side street.

Meh:
- The last morning, I requested a late checkout for 15:00. I was refused due to lack of availability. As the hotel was far from full (based on breakfast I would say they had less than 10 rooms booked) I enquire. They just replied "I checked with the staff at the morning briefing and we do not offer it today". Well I pointed out that this was a published benefit and the excuse of lack of availability is not acceptable considering the occupancy. 10 minutes later when I was upstair brushing my teeth the reception called to inform me I was granted a late checkout until 14:00. So I did get a benefit I needed but I had to push.
- Poor breakfast buffet (but I did appreciate the choice of local pastries)

Bad:
- No bar, no gym

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?
N/A

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?
Given one welcome drink vouchers. no welcome gifts or other. I did not had welcome gifts in my last 4 stays, has those being discontinued ?

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
Probably not.