FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Are Comfort & Quality The Same Hotel?
View Single Post
Old Jan 21, 2018, 11:49 am
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by storewanderer
For instance, the many exterior corridor Comfort Inns that have disappeared in the past 7 years, many are now branded Quality Inn.
In the Irvine Spectrum (Southern California) area there is a completely exterior corridor Comfort Inn that looks pretty old (but has the standard Comfort breakfast), while half a mile away is a Quality Inn that's also looks oldish but has mostly interior corridors (but the corridor goes through a covered exterior section between what looks like were once two totally separate buildings (but has the standards Quality breakfast).

I'd say in that particular case the Quality is a bit nicer in overall appearance than the Comfort.

And I don't see how they could re-brand the Comfort to end up with two Quality properties blocks from each other. I suspect they've done such re-branding only when there we no other Quality properties that close by.

Meanwhile, another Comfort Inn & Suites in the OC with exterior corridors, near SNA (on Hotel Terrace), got rebranded to a Clarion a bit over a year ago. At the time, there was a Quality across the street, which at first un-branded, then with room remodeling turned into a Country Inn & Suites (Club Carlson program).

Last edited by sdsearch; Jan 21, 2018 at 11:54 am