FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Have questions about baggage compensation? Ask an exAir France/KLM compensation agent
Old Jan 21, 2018, 4:31 am
TanyaBanana

Programs: Flying blue
Klm or United?

Hi I flew ti the US via Amsterdam on Thursday and during all the storm chaos missed my connection and got rerouted. Originally my flights were all KLM but then KLM ended up putting me on a United flight for my last leg which was a domestic US flight. Slight further complication - my final destination ended up being a different but nearby airport to the one my original ticket was supposed to get me to just due to flight availabilities. I am flying blue platinum with KLM but have no status on united.

it has been 3 days now and my checked baggage has not shown up. I have a united case number and whenever I check it says tracing in progress. I haven't spoken to KLM reps just United.

My question is - who should I go through to get compensation for my interim expenses and possible lost luggage compensation? Should I stick with United even though I have no status or should I try to get KLM to help me as I bought my ticket through then and have platinum status? I find United very difficult to communicate with but don't want to complicate things by getting KLM involved if I shouldn't. Thank you for any advice you can offer.