FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Effective March 1, 2018, Enhanced Requirements Service/Support Animals
Old Jan 21, 2018, 1:09 am
justhere

Programs: AA Gold, WN A+ & CP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by dilanesp
1. I am sure there are people in the DL hierarchy who can make an exception to the policy.

2. The law only requires a reasonable accomodation to people with legitimate disabilities. The notion that a 48 hour requirement would be considered unreasonable given both the fact that there has abuse of the ESA loophole and given the dangers of transporting uncrated animals in the cabin, seems highly unlikely to me.

3. DL's lawyers have vetted this policy.
Not sure I understand your post. #1 was what I said. #2 I never said 48 hour requirement was unreasonable. Just pointing out that it's not always possible. And as has been pointed out, that requirement was already available to airlines if they choose to use it for ESA's.

As for #3 , one would hope so although the new requirement does, on the surface, seem to violate the law with regard to service animals (not ESA's).