FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking AA Award travel on Etihad / EY (master thread July 2017 onwards)
Old Jan 20, 2018, 7:57 pm
lizakramer

Originally Posted by vivrant
Really excited I was able to secure two seats for the wife and I in the First Apartments, all the way through from JFK-AUH on the 380 and then AUH-SIN on the 787..
We do have a ~11 hr layover while in AUH which we don't really mind since I'm reading that there is a gym, food is great, showers are nice and there is a spa. But not sure if we want to stay in the lounge the entire time...
My question is - how should we best make use of our time during the layover? We've never been to Abu Dhabi and I think we get chauffeur service right to/from so could we theoretically take advantage of the car service to get us into town for some sight-seeing and then back to the airport? If so, any left luggage facilities we can leave our carry ons? Thanks!

Edit: Forgot to mention that I booked this using AA miles, called the Aussie # but I'm not sure if I was routed somewhere else. Cost us 115k JFK-AUH and then 50k AUH-SIN for each of us. Will get back 10% of those miles with the AAviator Credit Card.
I think the Grand Mosque is a must-see in Abu Dhabi. My husband had a day to kill in AUH and we hired a driver for the day and he took us to the Mosque and then up to Dubai for sightseeing. Luggage storage: Baggage Services | Airport Services | Airport Information | Abu Dhabi International Airport