FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Schengen Transit Visa Mistake. What should I do?
Old Jan 20, 2018, 1:49 pm
Baze
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by shahparshva24
As you said "Chermorg" about the contract and terms of service and how they made you agree to it but the situation was different. I was contacting her through my phone via text messages or calls and she send me emails about itinerary prices and timings through emails but in any of this communication she didn't made me agree to any terms of services so do you think I can hold her accountable for her mistake and can get the $1200 refund from her?
Were any kind of visas discussed with the travel agent at all? If yes and they failed to mention transit visa was needed then I think you may have a partial case. If not then it falls totally on you. It is always the travelers ultimate responsibility to figure out what travel documents are required. As they say, in harsh reality, ignorance of the law is no excuse. So, if visas were at all discussed with the TA then I would go back to them and you may get some kind of partial money back, but you will probably have to fight for it and I wouldn't count on it.

I am curious why you went with an out of town based TA instead of any kind of a local one? If you had bought your tickets on an online portal you may have gotten some kind of pop-up saying you need to make sure you have the proper travel documents but they may not say what they are, that's up to you, the traveler, to figure out. At least with a real person travel agent you can ask what you need. But if they don't bring it up and you don't ask, then it is on you. But in any case it is up to the traveler to make sure have all the documents they need. So this will end up being a hard lesson learned about international travel.