FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Driving from Yosemite to SFO on Friday before Memorial Day Weekend?
Old Jan 20, 2018, 1:06 pm
Eastbay1K
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by dhuey
I agree that OAK is a better choice with this plan, and it has substantial service to SEA. I like the SFO Centurion Lounge, but it's often very crowded. The Escape Lounge (entry with Amex Plat) at OAK is pretty good. The main thing is that OAK means a shorter drive and a lower chance of hitting bad traffic. We locals often try to avoid crossing the bay for a departing flight because bridge traffic can come to a screeching halt at any time with an accident.
Yes. In fact, yesterday (not going to the airport), I left home mid-morning (Frlday light) - showing mostly green all the way from home. The highway sign on I-80 showed 14 minutes to SF Downtown. Toll plaza - no slowdown. Then after a couple of minutes on the bridge incline section, screeching halt. There was an accident on the other side of the tunnel on the Bay Bridge, emergency vehicles were coming up the shoulder, and it added a half hour to the trip. (It could have been worse.)