FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2018 master thread
Old Jan 20, 2018, 6:49 am
virtualaris

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Good to have you back here Virtualaris
Thanks Goldorak. Miss you all here.

Here are more updated reviews:

- Name of the hotel:

Sofitel Kuala Lumpur Damansara

- What is your Le Club status?
Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
So-so

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked Junior Suite and got the same. The funny thing is upon checked-in I was congratulated by Front Office and announced that my room has been upgraded to Junior Suite. Then I told him that my original booking is Junior Suite.

- How are the rooms?
Luxurious and spacious. no complaint at all.

- What was good and what was bad?
Good: Excellent breakfast. Location is within walking distance to the nearest MRT station.

Bad: Since the location is within building complex so it might confusing Uber drivers especially the hotel is still new. And the hotel location is not within the city center area.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge?
Yes. The Club Millésime provides Le Gouter – French afternoon tea from 3 pm to 5 pm (can't distinguish with the English Afternoon tea), Evening Cocktails from 6 pm to 8 pm. The foods were very good; but the service was so-so...not the typical Sofitels. However, the service at the lobby bar was excellent.

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks?
Just realized that I haven't received my welcome drink voucher during check-in so I got it on the next day; got two vouchers (valid for 4 persons) from different persons. I told that I already got mine but they told me as a gesture of apologize so I got two instead. Got fruit platter, box of chocolate but no welcome letter for Platinum Member.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
Still quite good value of money; would return but only if my hotel main choice were not available.