FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [FARE GONE]QR Business (R) SGN-Various USA/EU/South America from $553 USD RT
Old Jan 20, 2018, 1:13 am
sgan317

Hello from the Apricot Lounge,

Heads up for anyone still still flying this fare, I did a ridiculous positioning flight on Thai from Melbourne to Bangkok to SGN. In Melbourne I went to the QR desk to try to get my boarding pass so I wouldn’t get caught in the transit zone for my 8 hour layover. The QR agent wouldn’t issue the boarding pass but they told me to have the Thai agent issue my checked baggage all the way through to JFK from MEL as QR and TG have a baggage services agreement. The Thai agent was able to ticket my bag all the way through and was even able to print my QR boarding pass on the Thai ticket stock. That allowed me to cross into the terminal without waiting for an official QR boarding pass.

If you’re flying on Thai make sure to check bags all the way through. I had to reconfirm with QR that they had my baggage in SGN.

I was also able to get my lounge pass and official boarding card from the agents at the gate for the early 2pm flight heading to Phnom Penh