FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Original Routing Credit (ORC) Beginner's Guide
Old Jan 19, 2018, 2:58 pm
chuckstar

Programs: BA Gold
Question ORC on AA TKT Denied by BAEC

Looking for some advice please, I have read the thread and think I have come to a dead end, unless one of you wise people has a solution ?

I was due to fly CLT-EWR in F on 04/01 but due to storm Grayson that sector was cancelled.

AA rebooked me the same day CLT-DCA in Y and I took the train to NYC.

When the flight was credited to my account unsurprisingly I received 20 TP rather than the original 40.

I put in a claim to BAEC and got a prompt reply asking for my e-tkt and BP which I sent off along with a covering letter.

Had not heard anything so called EC today and got to speak to a gentleman in Newcastle, he was very sympathetic and called a colleague in Manchester to see if they could help. Eventually he came back to me
and said the duty manager had denied the claim and as it was AA's responsibility they were unable to help.
I asked if there was a further course of action and he suggested AA should refund me the fare difference.
Obviously this is not what I wanted to hear.

So is there something else I can do or do I just put it down to experience ?

I think I'm more surprised than anything else at BA's intransigence in this matter.